Dana wrote:
> The lack of a plugin system is a major drawback that will hinder
> adoption dramatically, especially among tech crowds. I have tried out
> Chrome and admit that I am impressed with it's speed, simplicity and
> specs, But I will not be able to even think about using it as a
> primary browser till a plugin architecture gets developed and a plugin
> community gets built. I am fairly certain this will happen down the
> road, unless of course the corporate intra net thing is true. I guess
> we will see...

I totally agree, a plugin acrhitecture is a must! And it does exist in
Chrome! Plugins are referred to quite a bit in this excellent comic
strip [1] by Scott McCloud.

Mozilla have set the bar very high with their plugins system and
community surrounding it so Google has much work to do in that area. So
it is a matter of time and only time will tell...

[1] http://www.google.com/googlebooks/chrome/index.html

-- Ca-Phun Ung
+ http://yelotofu.com