Thanks Klaus,

I see the issue in FireFox 3 and Internet Explorer 7 (screen jumps up
when tab is clicked).

Here is an example that shows the issue:
http://5bosses.com/examples/tabs/sample_tabs.html

I'm using the following parts of Jquery:
http://dev.jquery.com/view/tags/ui/latest/ui/ui.core.js
http://dev.jquery.com/view/tags/ui/latest/ui/ui.tabs.js

In a previous version, I also tried:
jquery-ui-personalized-1.6rc2.min.js

My goal is for the screen not to jump/scroll when the user clicks a
tab.

Here is a code sample (from the above linked page):

  <script>
  $(document).ready(function(){
    $("#example > ul").tabs();
  });
  </script>

tabs are located beneath this table</td>

            <ul>
            </ul>
                Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing
elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna
aliquam erat volutpat.
                Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing
elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna
aliquam erat volutpat.

Thanks for your help.