UPDATE: well not working. though I'm laughing as the way a person gets
better is by haing problems.

1) indeed the script is the same as it has been, and it works for you
with V2 metadata and in IEs.

2) I have compared the V2 version of metadata that I NOW see on your /
replace.html page and YES it's the same as the latest version of the
plugin.

3) WEIRD... is that the version I grabbed from your site earlier tday
is NOT the same as the V2 one that's current and showing for me now on
your 'relace.html page.

4) The metadata.js version I have is quite different and it is the
ONLY way I can get my metadata/markup to work WITH your replace code.
VERY weird... though I'm not surprised it's happening with me...
hehehe

So....  hmmmm.... geez...

I'm thinking that this is somehow related to my not working in IEs
thing etc. etc. etc. um, etc.