On Jan 20, 6:15 am, johny why <johny...@gmail.com> wrote:
> p.s. your link offers a scenario in which you might want to AVOID !
> important: "!important rules will override normal rules (in the
> browser-css), so authors are advised to use normal rules almost
> exclusively to ensure that users with special style needs are able to
> read the page."
>
> i don't agree-- i'm not going to sacrifice site richness and
> functionality for normal readers to accommodate special readers--
> instead, i would provide alternate accessible pages for special
> readers, and go to town on my normal pages.
>
> (but that's a chat for another day).

Rather have it today :]

You don't need to sacrifice anything for your 'normal' readers. Some
people might have a larger font-size or high-contrast colors in their
browser stylesheets because of a visual disability. You don't need to
do anything for them, less anything that affects the other readers,
you just need to follow the guidelines.

You may feel hammered down here, but any programmer with reasonable
experience knows that adding !important to every declaration is not a
practical long-term solution. It's like, in Gmail, marking with a star
every message you *don't* want to read.

Well, we're talking a lot here about these conflicts, but in practice
it shouldn't be that common - it's common sense not to use double ID
declarations, or ID prefixed declarations for tags that affect the
whole page.