Geez you really take heart at defending your solution don't you?

But you're not going to convince anyone that "find & replace" is good
programming practice. In a hopefully not far future CSS will allow
something like this:

#myPreciousWidget {
 .title {
     color:#FFF
    }
 .content {
     padding: 5px;
     margin: 20px;
     float: yesplease;

and then all our problems will be solved.

I promise I'm actually leaving this thread now :)