Hi Tony -

#1) thanks so much for the hint on the readonly field. I must have
missed that one in the documentation; works perfectly! Howover, the
row placement being the value of the "id" that is being sent is
obviously a problem as I can't use that to manipulate my database
records. Unfortunately, I can't change the field name in the database
which is named "ID" and I'm using VB.NET on the backend which isn't
case sensitive. So, I'm having a conflict between the "id" and the
"ID". But, I have ID defined like this in the colModel:

{ name: "ID", width: 3, hidden: true, key: true, sorttype: 'int',
editable: true, editrules: { searchhidden: true, index: 'ID', jsonmap:
'ID' }, editoptions: { readonly: true} }

 I was thinking maybe I could just send this field as an extra
parameter or something. But, isn't the "key" attribute what should
make it the "id" ?

#2) I am using FF primarily, but am testing along in IE 6 and 7 as I
move forward. Yesterday, it was the "Add record" form that was always
popped open when I opened the page, but since then I added a show/hide
column window and now it's the one that's showing up on each page
request. I'm assuming it has something to do with the way I am trying
to implement the method. I just have it tacked on at the end, instead
of being inside an event. I guess I need to attach it to a click event
instead.
  }).$("#searchFields").filterGrid("#mygrid", { gridModel: true,
gridNames: true, formtype: "vertical", enableSearch: true,
enableClear: true, autosearch: true });

#3) Sorry to hear about the column styling, but I'll be looking
forward to seeing your new features for that in the future.

#4)  I have a large grid (about 165 lines)  so I'm not sure how you
want me to send it. Do you want me to send all of the grid
configuration or just a piece of it? Here is an example of how I have
defined one column that needed a select list on the edit form:

{ name: "InterchangeVersion", width: 25, resizable: true, sortable:
true, sorttype: 'text', editable: true, edittype: 'select',
editoptions: { value: "004010X098A1:4010 Prof A1;004010X097A1:4010
Dental A1;004010X096A1:4010 Inst A1;004010X098A:4010 Prof;004010X097A:
4010 Dental;004010X096A:4010 Inst" }, editrules: { required: true,
index: 'InterchangeVersion', jsonmap: 'InterchangeVersion', label:
'InterchangeVersion', resizable: true, search: true} },

The value held in the database (and displayed in the grid) is the
value on the left of the colon. The text to show in the dropdown is
the right side. Is this correct?

#5 ) The other thing I was going to ask also is that on my pager, I
have 7 total records, but it shows 14. Yesterday it was doing the same
thing. I had the records per page set to 3 and there were a total of 5
records, but the pager showed 8. And, it always shows page 1 of 0. I
was using alert's after the json string was read and it alerts the
correct number of pages, so I was just curious what I may be doing
wrong there and what I could look for.

Thanks so much!!