On Fri, Jul 3, 2009 at 8:51 AM, Andrew <m...@andrewcampbell.us> wrote:

> I'm new to JavaScript -- and cannot get jQuery to work (unless I
> access http://code.jquery.com/jquery-latest.js)
>
> Is this permissible, or do I have to download jquery.js to my server?
>
> If not, I have other questions:
> * my hosting service does doesn't have gzip compression enabled --
> what file do I need to install on my server if I don't have GZIP
> available?
> * how can I extract  that file (jquery.js?) from jquery-1.3.2.js.txt?
> (looked for GZipper, but from what I can see that's Mac s/w and I'm
> running windows)
>
> Please make you answer really simple, as I'm really lost here!

jquery-1.3.2.js.txt just needs to be renamed to jquery.1.3.2.js (just remove
the '.txt').  Or, better yet (IMO), rename it to jquery-latest.js (this way
when you download a new version you don't have to update code.

--
I have failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my life. I love my
wife. And I wish you my kind of success.