I have a menu, on which is a delete link. The URL of the link is quite
plain: http://mysite.com?delete=true&id=123
(quite obvious I think that the request is to delete the id=123)

I wish to hide the destination URL in the browser from the user - so that it
shows a harmless url like: http://mysite.com?# or similar. The reasons are
more aesthetic than anything else. Also the other advantage is once the user
clicks on the link, and then hits on refresh, the request gets posted again
and because the id=123 has already been deleted, it will just generate an
error.. Does that make sense?

I dont mind using ajax for this - but would love if I could get both options
- ajax and non-ajax.

Thanks,
Anoop