Yes - but I would not know the id until the user clicks on the link. There
are about 20 other links, each has an id. The user can hover on any link, a
pop up appears with the "Delete" link, clicking on it will call a URL which
is basically the same page (it is a jsp page) which see that the parameter
delete=true and based on that it knows that this is a delete request and the
id to delete is also passed to it.

To some extent I have figured out a way to hide the url. below is the jquery
code: I have bound the click event to the a element....

     var target = $(event.target);
      if($(target).is("a"))
      {
        if ($(target).text() == "Delete")
        {
          var reg = $(this).find('.details input:first').val();
          $.get(window.location + "?delete=true&id=" + reg);

The problem I am facing now is that sometimes the page updates itself to
show the id that was deleted and sometimes even though the id was deleted,
the page does not reflect the deletion until the page is refreshed using F5.

Also I thought the $.get would be an async ajax request, but it seems the
whole page is hard refreshed (even though it seems useless because the id
deleted is still shown on the page, again  - goes away after the manual F5).
I have just tried a lot of things using .load in the success, .ajax, .post
etc etc, but I have the same issue.

Thanks,
Anoop