sorry , your next and prev  ID's will need to be unique, change them iin new constructor

Ed F. wrote:

I figured out a way to make the "current slide number" work for multiple
slideshows on the same page, but i have to repeat the function declarations
for each instance of a slideshow, like so:

<code>
// init for the cycle js
$(document).ready(function(){
	$('#s1').cycle({
	fx:'fade',
	speed:'2000',
	timeout: 0,
	next:'#next1, #s1',
	prev:'#prev1',
	after: onAfter1

function onAfter1(curr,next,opts) {
	var caption1 = (opts.currSlide + 1) + '/' + opts.slideCount;
	$('#caption1').html(caption1);
}
</code>

I don't have the jscript superpowers to rewrite these functions to accept
multiple slideshows. anyone have any advice?

Ed F. wrote:

hi Mike,

thank you for replying. your plugin is awesome.

On thing, in your example, you only have one slideshow on the page, I have
multiple slideshows on the page with the updating count. and I can get the
updated count to work for the firat instance of the slideshow but it
breaks for the rest. any ideas?

thanks,

// Ed

malsup wrote:

Hi, I'm working on the same issue with Cycle. I have multiple slideshows
on
a page, each with current/total slide counter, example: "2 of 5 images"
(oddly, there are no examples of this particular implementation on Mike
Alsup's otherwise ridiculously varied and helpful cycle demo pages).

There is an example of this:

http://www.malsup.com/jquery/cycle/count.html