Hah, and John posted that right before he gave a closing "state of
jQuery" address... looking forward to the day of getting to a more
traditional forum engine

As for original posted question, I've been thinking of implementing
something Twitter related on my car website, as after a month ago
moving my "front page news" to a Twitter API based one, I've been
absolutely surprised by how many "followers" the site's Twitter
account has accrued.. I'm hoping at some point to leverage that to
help my members better  :-)