My feeling is that without threaded discussions doing support via Twitter feels a but clunky. I usually end up taking the conversation into direct messages, which then feels like a workaround and doesn't really contribute to the community, since the solutions end up being in DM's (not searchable). Without moving them to DM's, they become noise for other followers.

I've been thinking about Facebook Lite (now that they're soaking up FriendFeed) for it.

I still prefer the google group, myself (for supporting our plugins and seeing a "feed" of solutions for other plugins I like to follow).

- Jack

Mike Alsup wrote:
Over the past few months I've been fielding an increasing number of
support requests via Twitter (for Cycle, BlockUI, and Form plugins).
In some ways it's a nice way to respond to simple questions but
obviously it's not well-suited for more in-depth questions and
anything non-trivial but I'm wondering what others think about
leveraging Twitter for simple Q&A.  Thoughts?

Mike

http://twitter.com/malsup