+100

-----Original Message-----
From: jquery-en@googlegroups.com [mailto:jquery...@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of Ashley
Sent: Monday, September 14, 2009 12:21 PM
To: jQuery (English)
Subject: [jQuery] Re: Twitter for support?

Twitter is highly ephemeral and I don't think it's a good idea to
split support out into a series of venues. I see this same thing in
other software groups with IRC instead of Twitter and I think it's
*much* better to use something like Google groups for discussion or a
permanent page on a jQuery (or your own) site for anything which is
boiled down to an answer. Every time I see "that was answered on IRC"
or "come ask us on IRC" I cringe because I know that valuable
information was just "lost" to the community (searching irc logs for
100 different channels to find an answer is unreasonable) while it was
disseminated to a single user or a clique.

Any time something like this comes up don't consider how you're
helping an individual but how your work could be leveraged to help
everyone involved for the foreseeable future and with the least amount
of repetition. To me Twitter is right out for this.

(By the way, love your plugins and really appreciate how much support
you give on them; very impressive).

-Ashley