No, there are no IE settings that need to be enabled. jQuery works with
every modern browser "out of the box".

ever be used in the context of a website, so no conclusions should be drawn
from that experience. jQuery will work as expected in all browsers when it
is loaded in the normal way using a <script> tag within an HTML document
(either a static HTML document or an HTML page generated dynamically by any
server language).

Just to amplify the point, remember when you loaded jquery.min.js in the
Firefox address bar and it displayed the content of the .js file in the
Firefox window? That certainly isn't what you'd want to happen on your
website either. You wouldn't want the JavaScript code to be displayed in
your web page when someone visits! :-)

But you don't need to worry about what happens when you try to view the .js
file directly in Firefox or IE. It's not the same as how it will work when
the .js file is loaded in the normal manner from a <script> tag in your
page.

Hope that helps,

-Mike