> JSP is language specific but platform independent, whereas ASP is
> language independent and platform specific. Language independence is
> probably quite an advantage for companies with legacy systems, whereas
> platform independence seems to be somewhat of a dubious advantage
> because of the fact that software can be purchased to run ASP on non
> Microsoft's Web servers. Comments?

JSP does not mandate Java as the scripting language; for instance,
Caucho's Resin has a JavaScript implementation.

It's possible to access CORBA and COM objects from Java, so you can
integrate with legacy systems.

Java VMs are very widely available, much more than ASP ports to other
OSes and servers. And even if that were not the case, I personally would
rather not tie myself to a "standard" that can be changed or dumped
overboard on a whim by a single company.

Rod McChesney, Korobra