100% agree with Geoff

being so far away from .au domain but sharing the same idea
we developed alaJSP tool :-)

Just like to add my 2c on this topic:

 [note: this is my opinion: please don't be offended]

 One of the main problems with JSP is it's origins: copying a Micro$oft
product (ASP) is not necessarily the right way to start off! In fact, upon
original release it looked to me like a somewhat flaky research project that
had been picked up and shoved out into the world by the Sun marketing dept.
in an effort to compete with M$!

 If someone at Sun had had their thinking hat on they could have made a much
nicer version of JSP by giving up on M$ "compatibility" and making the
following changes:

- a tag library from the start, with standard tags for looping, etc
- simple syntax for accessing variables, etc in HTML without resorting to
overly complex XML stylee
- NO java code allowed to be embedded in the HTML!
- avoiding "compiling" JSP pages into class files (not necessary when no
java code)

This much was obvious to me anyway 18 months(?) ago when JSP 0.90 was
released: I looked at it and went: "sigh". It's weighted far to much in
favour of developers.

 To my mind: it should be like so:

 - JSP (or similar) is for HTML people
- Servlets / Beans are for Java developers

ColdJava: java server side programming
http://coldjava.hypermart.net