> > 7) It's nothing more than a poor TCL ripoff. Sorry, but TCL's been
> > there, and done that, and has a much more powerful interpolation
> > mechanism.
>
> Yeah, I like Tcl.  Wonder what kind of template engine could be written

> using a Tcl-ish (ha) base.

the first ecom/software distribution site i built was based on tcl. it basically
rocked for 3.5 years. for half of it's life it was supported by two engineers
one of which learned tcl on the job. from time to time others would help on
the project and i was amazed at how easily tcl was picked up and the folks
where productive by the end of the day ... even some perl converts ;)

i love java but i will not drop my trusty scripting util from my toolbox just
yet as i still subscribe to using the right tool for the job.

- james