> Anyway, what is so special about WebMacro in particular? Why not use
> Cocoon, Turbine, Freemarker, OTembo or even ECS? They all offer
> similar features and I daresay, some of them are probably better
> supported than WebMacro.

Exactly!  There are choices.  Examine your options.  Don't believe that
JSP is the only alternative.  The programmers who developed the above
tools probably would have used JSP had it suited their task, but it
didn't so they wrote their own.  Maybe their tool suits your task better
than JSP too.

-jh-