Just unpack at the root of your eclipse install (c:\eclipse) using
folders and it will install itself into the proper plugin folders.

You might need to restart the IDE before it takes effect.  It is a pretty
well hidden project.  Basically, it will add an XML Editor that is linked
by default to any .xml files in the file associations.  One gotcha is
that eclipse tends to remember the last editor you used to open
something, so it might fall-back to the text editor when you double-click
an xml file you have opened before.  Either way, if you right-click and
select "Open With", you should see an XML editor as an option.

Once you get it installed, you might want to consider setting file
associations for *.htm and *.htm to the XML editor since it will then
colorize you HTML nicely.  For some reason *.htm? doesn't work.

I haven't looked at the help since 2.0 came out, so it must not have
changed.  The help has always been more focused on developers of Eclipse
than users.