Well, its like what Mike said.  IntelliJ does literally *everything* I
need done, and does it very nicely.  I don't need all the plugins, as
its out of the box functionality covers it all.

I do use jEdit also, from time to time, and adding many of its plugins
make it a very nice "IDE".

As for the point about Eclipses Ant integratrion being nice, I must take
exception.  Eclipse has the worst Ant integration of any of the IDE's I
have played with (and I evaluated all the major ones for the Ant book).
   Double-clicking errors in an Ant build in Eclipse does nothing -
don't you want to jump to the line of code with an error?  Granted,
Eclipse does things a bit differently, and puts compile errors in Tasks
already for you, so its not truly needed, but....

I'm not against Eclipse at all.  I'm all for it.  I just happen to enjoy
IntelliJ very much and I work for a place that will pay for it.

        Erik