> Debian: Stable, testing, unstable.
> Dan stable itu di update terus menerus tanpa updating version.

I'm not familiar with debian, how come they update source code without
incrementing anything (like build number)?

> Not as easy. Apalagi kalo kita berapa version behind. Mungkin ada
> incompatibilities,

most "open source guy" (or free loader if you will) prefer most recent
version.
like rod said in TSS (wordings vary), "..you can always get the latest
and greatest. if you do use
older version, then you must be investing something. if you're
investing,
it'll be fair if i get a share *grin*" <-- my own interpretation

> Personally, kalo emang spring nggak mau spend extra resources buat
> maintain old revisions.
> Itu emang terserah spring. After all, ini project mereka :) Yang
> free-loader, meningan bikin
> strategy either adaptasi dengan pay/maintain/start migration/pray.
> Kan spring non-intrusive, migration mustinya gampang toh? /sarcasm

:))

----
salam hangat,
Thomas Wiradikusuma