So, the whole point of my original email was to say - if you want a minimal
charm, just make one, it's easy.
I just published my above mentioned minimal charm as cs:~natefinch/nop

It's not showing up on jujucharms.com, maybe because charm proof is failing
because it's missing everything except the metadata?  I don't know, but it
still works with juju deploy.