On 15 December 2016 at 07:59, John Meinel <j...@arbash-meinel.com> wrote:

> Right, the issue for test/development iterations is that "machine
> requested to booted in cloud" for LXD is a lot closer to 10s. Especially if
> you set "enable-os-refresh-update: false" and "enable-os-upgrade: false",
> which are also likely to be set in a testing environment.

+1

To re-iterate what previously stated: the point is not production
deployments, but rather development and testing cycles. The experience will
be compared to things like docker & friends where the feedback look happens
in seconds, not minutes or dozens of seconds.

As a developer, with an xfs-backed local juju lxd provider and something
like apt-cacher-ng or deb-squid-proxy installed I expect and want "juju
deploy ubuntu" (or any other minimal reactive-based charm) to take seconds.
Anything less than that gets in the way of doing proper TDD.

Free