Hi John -- thanks for the explanation.

I wasn't suggesting another file the user would maintain, but instead a
default set of configs I could attach to a cloud when I'm calling
'add-cloud'.

It probably makes more sense in the case of MAAS where at least the
bootstrap timeout often needs to be altered, as well as proxy settings (at
a typical customer site).

Thinking a bit further -- having a shared controller with users helps.
But, in the case of MAAS, a PoC user (first time experience) would still
struggle with it, I think.  Especially dedicating a machine to a controller
in their rack, and not seeing a way around it easily (abuse the admin model
is the current answer).