On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 10:41 PM, Andreas Hasenack <andr...@canonical.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 3:11 PM, John Meinel <j...@arbash-meinel.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I believe --config can take a file rather than just a 'key=value'
>> pairing. So you can save all your config to a file and pass it in with
>> '--config myconf.yaml'
>>
>> There was discussion of having a default search path for some of the
>> config, but I'm not sure if that got implemented, nor if it is actually
>> better since it is another magic place that you have to discover.
>>

> This is the experience with juju 1:
> juju switch scapestack
> juju bootstrap
>
> This is the same experience with juju 2:
> juju bootstrap scapestack-controller scapestack --config
> ~/juju2-configs/scapestack.yaml

But where did the settings for scapestack get set up in the first place.
You're missing some of the original "edit ~/.juju/environment.yaml" to
insert the right information.

If you are sharing information with someone else, being able to give them
the file with all of the configuration becomes quite a bit easier, as you
gave them the file, they saved it somewhere they know about, and then they
pass that in to the bootstrap command. Rather than giving a snippet, that
needs to be inserted into an existing file in the right place, and then it
magically works if you named everything correctly.

So while for people that have everything set up already, there is a bit
more to write, for people coming to the system I think it is quite a bit
more obvious for them.

As noted, the number of times you have to bootstrap should be going down,
and if you are bootstrapping different-but-similar, then you again have a
single config that can be reused.

John
=:->