Yes, "inverse resources" is what I'm thinking about. Another use-case for
this would be to download backups and exports from the Charm. The
Kubernetes Charms could also benefit from this since they create a config
file that an operator has to download to connect to the Kubernetes cluster.

`juju scp` solves this issue for the most part but

   1. it isn't available from the GUI
   2. and the files disappear when the node goes down.

> The delivery of the config files is interesting. There's nothing planning
> in the gui at the moment for this. It's kind of an inverse "resources" idea
> where you are building artifacts in the charm that you want clients to be
> able to get access to. It's an interesting concept. It's a bit like actions
> that generate a backup file or the like. The action can build the backup
> and tell you where on disk it is, but then you need to juju scp it down. I
> wonder if there's a specific action type that generates artifacts and then
> there's a followup plugin/helper that automates the juju scp step for you
> in a some nice way.
>
> I think that Chuck was looking to have a relation available. In this way
> you could tunnel traffic from an application across the VPN perhaps? In the
> world of cross model relations it might enable folks to wire traffic across
> clouds/DC in some interesting ways.
>

> On Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 9:47 AM Merlijn Sebrechts <
> merlijn.sebrec...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the post!
>>

>> I'd really like to integrate this Charm more with JaaS. I'd like to give
>> JaaS users the ability to download the client config files from the Juju
>> GUI. Any idea if that's something that's being worked on?
>>
>> @chuck: I just watched the Juju show, what was the feature you were
>> talking about?
>>

>> Kind regards
>> Merlijn

>>> I wrote up a quick blog post [1] as I was tinkering with VPNs and the
>>> OpenVPN charm [2] from the Tengu team is really nice and easy. It also does
>>> some great work using metrics in Juju to output operational data. Running
>>> juju metrics --all will show you how many clients are connected on each
>>> unit. If you're a charmer, it might give you some new ideas for exposing
>>> internal data in a really nice standard way.
>>>
>>> I just wanted to highlight it as something really useful for folks if
>>> you've ever found yourself wishing you had a VPN around somewhere.
>>>
>>> 1: http://mitechie.com/blog/2017/4/12/three-reasons-you-
>>> need-to-keep-a-vpn-in-your-pocket