On Fri, Apr 14, 2017, 10:26 Merlijn Sebrechts <merlijn.sebrec...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>> I'd like to point you both to this idea, which is one that was born from
>> the same problem Kubernetes has:
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/juju/+bug/1670838. The idea is actions should
>> be able to both send and receive files.
>>

> +1
>
> One thing to consider here is that actions always have to be triggered
> from the operator side. It would also be nice if the charm cloud
> periodically push a backup to the controller without the operator having to
> call an action.

I agree, something that could be done as part of update-status, almost like
the ability for a charm to execute an action on itself of charms it's
related to.

As actions are exposed in the GUI this could help address the above problem
>> as well.
>>

> From what I know, actions aren't yet supported in the GUI:
> https://github.com/juju/juju-gui/issues/2185

Sorry, meant to be "In the future, as actions are exposed in the GUI"

On Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 10:07 AM Merlijn Sebrechts <