> I think that Chuck was looking to have a relation available. In this way
you could tunnel traffic from an application across the VPN perhaps? In the
world of cross model relations, it might enable folks to wire traffic
across clouds/DC in some interesting ways.

This is precisely what I was looking for. One easy example I thought of, is
you could say deploy an SDN on the OpenVPN charm, and it would then inherit
that SDN topology as an accessible network. This would aid in secure access
to applications without requiring an ingress declaration in kubernetes for
example.

Sort of like an intranet running in the cloud, that's only available if
you're participating in the network segment, but also has implications when
debugging applications without having ssh access. You connect up to the VPN
and start the network debug session. It would be a more robust solution
than the current implementation of 'kubectl proxy'.

This isn't new, and there's a few early solutions in the kubernetes
community that leverage different VPN services. I think the idea of having
it available across the board to any Juju deployment makes it slightly more
powerful in that it lives on your infra level, not as a workload in the k8s
stack. But that's just a preference.

Great work on the charm Tengu team :)

>>> http://mitechie.com/blog/2017/4/12/three-reasons-you-need-to-keep-a-vpn-in-your-pocket
>>> 2: https://jujucharms.com/openvpn/
>>>
>>> Rick
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> --
Juju Charmer
Canonical Group Ltd.
Ubuntu - Linux for human beings | www.ubuntu.com
conjure-up canonical-kubernetes | jujucharms.com