Hi all,

I have been using julia and ijulia for a while and everything worked fine.
over time I get more and more issues, trying to upgrade/reinstall etc and
now I can't get it to work at all anymore. As I intend to reinstall osx
anyway, I was wondering if you good people have any good setup for
python/ijulia/julia/juliastudio that is simple to maintain over time. I
want to use one version of julia so somehow let julia-studio use that
(annoying that they hardcode the julia path to julia-basic...)

I was ambitious to try to keep a --HEAD version of julia but maybe I will
have to settle for a latest stable pre-release version to avoid trouble.

But I also find that sometimes there are issues with the dependencies and
libraries, how do you keep those right?....

So how do you people keep julia smoothly updating and working. Are you
using brew, anaconda, enthought, for the python part, are you using xcode
compiler or others, are you building julia yourself...

I'd appreciate any help in setting this up for the longer run than I have
been able to keep it working so far.

Many thanks