On Tuesday, September 9, 2014 1:36:08 PM UTC-4, Ross Boylan wrote:

> How would documentation handle type information for the arguments to a
> method?  There are 3 possible sources: the comments, the text of the
> function arguments (e.g. someArg::FooType), and the compiler.

Also handled by my proposal.    Documentation that is specific to the types
of the arguments would be attached to the Method object in Julia, and
Method objects include information about the argument types etc.
 (Documentation that is generic to all methods of a particular function
would be attached to the Function object).

I really think that embedding documentation in comments is a mistake.
 Documentation needs to be a part of the language, included in a
semantically meaningful way, not an add-on that is semantically meaningless
(comments).