Thanks. Is there a way I could determine if the backend is different?

I just tested a simple plot in Python and Julia. The windows do look very
slightly different. It's minor, but on Python the buttons in the plot
window have a thin frame around them (so they look more like buttons) and
in Julia they do not. That could indicate a different backend. But it would
be nice to confirm.

While doing this, I was reminded of a weird quirk of PyPlot that I was
hoping you might fix:

julia> using PyPlot
INFO: Loading help data...

julia> x = [1 2 3];

julia> plot(x,x)

This gives an empty plot because "x" has the wrong shape. I spent a while
debugging before I remembered. Would it be difficult to change the plot
function so that it transposes arrays when needed?

Cheers,
Daniel.

--
When an engineer says that something can't be done, it's a code phrase that
means it's not fun to do.