I've tried all of the plotting packages.  Winston is a nice start but still
a little rough around the edges.  I couldn't get a colorbar, for example,
and the fonts aren't as well rendered as in Matplotlib.

ImageView is nice for peeking at things, but it doesn't produce plot
annotations, AFAIK.  I use ImageView when developing.