On Fri, Dec 26 2014, Páll Haraldsson <pall.haralds...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Maybe I should just put my blinders on, just not look at other languages
> more. I'm pretty convinced all the others I know are obsolete (for new
> code).. I just might be missing something with the newer languages.

Or maybe you should focus on a specific problem that you need to
solve and work on that, in Julia or some other language, whatever works
for you.

Pondering about languages in the abstract is possible and sometimes
necessary, but requires a lot of experience and knowledge about various
languages, both in breadth and depth. From your questions on this
mailing list, you seem to be very interested in these topics, which is
fine, but if you lack a specific problem and are just interested in
programming languages, maybe then you should focus on learning a few of
them in depth. Start with SICP, then learn Haskell, Common Lisp,
etc. Julia seems to be developing into a great language, but I am not
sure it is the right one for you at the moment (I am not saying it
isn't, just that from your questions here it is hard to tell).

Best,

Tamas