I'd also bring up another metric... which is also very important... how
many lines of (readable documented!) code does it take to do something?
 How long does it take somebody to produce that code?
(a language might be very powerful and terse, but really difficult to
write, debug, or understand after you're away from it for a while).  Do
real world programs written the language have a higher rate
of programming errors?  (This is where things like strong typing can slow
down the programmer, but getting an idea that something is not correct
while still building the application, instead of when it is controlling
a mission to Saturn... can be critical!).
I've seen somewhere here already a plot of LOC vs. performance (IIRC), and
Julia did very nicely...

Julia still needs work on debugging, and on letting a programmer maintain a
separation between their abstraction and the implementation... but IMO,
Julia has great bones, and compared to C/C++, as a performance
geek, it really shines,as a language where I can get C/C++ performance
writing *much* less and easier to understand code, and compared to Python,
JavaScript, Lua, it shines because of it's performance.