I've read the thread here (not the original) and am somewhat confused
actually.

Whilst this seems very reasonable -> In particular, do not sexualize the
term “Julia” or any other aspects of the project.

The following appears to invite contention.

While “Julia” is a female name in many parts of the world, the programming
language is not a person and does not have a gender.

In English, "he" and "she" are commonly used to anthropomorphise, e.g.
often mechanical machinery. On the other hand, in many other languages,
gender is part of the grammar so that is not the case.

So this statement, as written, will be confusing to people of such
languages. Mixing the concepts "many parts of the world" and "gender" in
the same sentence really does make this a very confusing and ambiguous
statement. The interpretation of a statement like this shouldn't rely on a
technical distinction that was in the writer's mind when they wrote it.

What are you trying to prohibit here? Calling the programming language
Julia a "she"? Or making sexual jokes about "Julia". If it's the latter and
not the former (I'm being completely honest here, I can't tell), then just
say so.

Sorry I won't be able to monitor this thread. I simply wanted to briefly
voice an opinion. I'm glad to see that the Julia community aims to be
respectful, inclusive and to not discriminate.

Bill.