Hi Mauro,

Thank you for your reply!

Sure, we can discuss some ideas of how to fit a Taylor ODE integrator
within ODE.jl and sketch a proposal, how do you think would be the best way
to discuss this? I'm eager to learn Julia as much as I can and implement
some other methods of integration for ODE.jl if you want me to, I have
worked before with implicit, symplectic Runge-Kutta methods also (8th and
12th order). Out of looking for a numerically precise, robust, ODE solver,
which could integrate some celestial mechanics problems, is how we came
across the Taylor method.

I haven't participated in GSoC also, but I have been reading a bit about
the process, and I think the next step is to submit a proposal on March
14th-25th. Also, I talked today to Luis Benet (chair of my advisory
committee) about the GSoC proposal to contribute to ODE.jl and told me that
if it gets approved he could get some resources so that I could go to work
with you guys for a couple of weeks!

Lastly, who do you think would be also interested to participate as a
mentor for this project? I'll be happy to work with whoever you guys decide
is the best mentor for me!

Best,
Jorge