Hello

I'm trying to solve a large, sparse and unsymmetrical linear system Ax = b.
For this task I'm using Julias *SparseMatrixCSC *type for the definition of
my matrices and Julias built in backslash ' \ ' operator for the solution
of the system.
I need *quadruple precision* and thus I've been trying to implement my
routine with the *BigFloat *type together with the SparseMatrixCSC type.

To illustrate this, I give a simple example here:
set_bigfloat_precision(128);
A  = speye(BigFloat, 2, 2);
b = ones(BigFloat, 2, 1);
x = A\b;

If I do this I either get a StackOverFlow error:
ERROR: StackOverflowError:
 in copy at array.jl:100
 in float at sparse/sparsematrix.jl:234
 in call at essentials.jl:57 (repeats 254 times)

or the solver seems to run forever and never terminates. As the second
error indicates it seems like the sparse solver only accepts the normal
*float* types.
My question is then, is there a way to get quadruple precision with the
standard solvers in Julia, in this case UMFpack I assume ? or should I look
for something else (in this case any suggestions :) ) ?

Regards Nicklas A.