I know I might be contradicting myself by saying *"I would like not to
introduce too much error by the use of an iterative solver"* and then going
on with propagating errors, direct solvers and a wish for quadruple
precision.
In theory direct solvers give an exact solution, while iterative give an
approximation. In this case, when doing the further analysis it would be a
lot easier for me, to just argue for a direct solver than an iterative
solver.
I hope you somehow get what I'm trying to say.

Thank you again :)