Edgar wrote: " wonder why Vivid Solutions ..  and other contributors too
(since 2004!
when i got involved into osgis) are not using the readily available
power of geotools2 to implement useful features like reprojection or
geotools datasource modules ... why is that so?"

I think the reason for this problem is 1/3 stupidity, 1/3 lack of
cooperation and communication between the various development teams, and 1/3
technical challenges.

It sounds like I'll be working on a converter to move between the GeoTools
Feature Model and the JUMP Feature Model.

This thread has made me realize how important it is to make sure that
projects like DeeJUMP , Sigle, Kosmo, OpenJUMP, and SkyJUMP keep the same
Feature interface, or at least agree when changes to that interface need to
be made.

Remember it is an interface, so you can always wrap customizations in a new
implementation.

The Sunburned Surveyor