mhm..
usecase: if you have activated a drawing tool (such as polygon drawing)
then you can not select at the same time, right? .. so from this point
of few, not selectable can/should imply not snappable, because slectable
layers are still be snappable.
so it could be named a double funtion selectable/snappable

thanx for working on it :)

stefan