Landon,

When starting the development I would start defining the interface for
the TinSurface. A TinSurface would be generated from all the DEM points,
breaklines, area of exclusions etc. Once created it would be immutable.
This class would have all the methods you'd need for getting access to
the generated TIN structure and performing common operations such as
getting the elevation etc. Plus also for getting a TIN just for a
smaller area.

You would then want to look at the implementation of a TinBuilder. The
TIN builder builds a TinSurface from the DEM points breaklines, area of
exclusions etc. With a Tin Builder you can add new DEM points (etc) to
it at a later date and then use a method to return a TIN surface from it.

The reason for the separation between the two is once you start adding
breaklines into the TIN you don't really want to mess around with the
TinSurface after the fact. If you did want to do this you would have to
add some additional data structures to identify if an edge was a hard
(breakline) or soft (from a Delaunay  triangle). I don't think this
extra complexity gets us anything.

I'm going to be away nest weekend for a few weeks so won't be providing
any input in that time,
Paul