Hei Christopher

thanks for your outline :)
I actually have not that much background knowledge to evaluate if what
you do propose is good, but I guess you know it better. But modularity
is always a plus and documentation is sufficient. However.. a good rule
is to always start with a simple model and extend it later. I.e. one
could also make first all in one and then introduce modularity later.

btw. Today I just stumbled across this article that has been published
this month:
"Sweep-line algorithm for constrained Delaunay triangulation"
http://www.informaworld.com/openurl?genre=article&issn=1365%2d8816&volume=22&issue=4&spage=449

If there is need I can send it to you. Note, that it is a 2D algorithm
(brwosing the article shortly). I actually have needs too for 2D CDT's..
in map generalization.

cheers
stefan