On 22.04.2012 21:07, Matthias Scholz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've commited a small fix in the AboutDialog. If the "readme.txt" file
> was not found, the Stacktrace was shown. This is bad if you run OJ as
> Webstart. Now nothing is viewed.

actually not finding the readme.txt right now is an error, except when
developing. that's why i left the stack there.

>The problem with Webstart is, that the
> classpath is only the jre/lib/deploy.jar. So we cannot load readme.txt
> from classpath :-(

are you sure there is no way for a webstart application to load a file either
from a webserver or from an external archive?

> In principle we should change both, the loading and the content of the
> readme.txt!
> 1. There are too many unimportant and not (end)user suitable informations.

could you name one? some of it might not be needed on a day to day basis but
essentially all of it is enduser information.

> 2. I prefer translated text's within the language directory.

i would to if there were people maintaining these when the infos change.

> 3. The "about text" should contain a small description, contributors and
> licence information.

same as above. that's why i put the readme there. one place to maintain all the
infos.

> 4. White text background and grey panel background is a little bit ugly.

i like it. it hint's that the file is actually not part the gui itself.

..ede