On Friday, December 23, 2011 12:04:34 AM Derick Winkworth
wrote:

> There really ought to be an entire book *just* about this
> topic.  Written in a tutorial fashion.  Covering Q-in-Q,
> VPLS, PBB, VLAN tag manipulation, bridging features,
> etc.  All on the MX specifically.  It needs to cover the
> various encapsulation types, "family bridge", etc.
>
> The MX solution guide isn't making it happen.

I would say not just for the MX, but also for the M- and T-
series routers, particularly spending lots of time on which
PIC's can support what features. Many times this isn't
really known, and it's hard to sometimes know what
improvements/fixes, if any, a "PIC-E" has over a regular
"PIC", or what a "PIC-2E" has over a "PIC-E", particularly
when it comes to 802.1ad and friends.

I wish there was a way for Juniper to abstract this so that
I didn't care so much about which PIC's I bought. It's
annoying.

Mark.