On 2012-07-24 10:34, Tobias Heister wrote:
On 2012-07-23 16:22, Tobias Heister wrote:
The document about scaling with labeled bgp [2] has a section about 6PE but it
does not help much. First of all the method explained to get interface routes
to inet6.3 does not work (at
least on 10.4R9 but I figured out the correct way myself) and then when I try
to follow the instructions and assign a ipv6 loopback manually and try to
advertise it via family inet6
labeled-unicast rib inet6.3 I get the following commit error: "BGP: ribgroup inet6.3
is not defined for this address family and nlri"

Have you tried to configure a named rib-group where you specify inet6.3 as an
import RIB?

If I understood you correctly you want me to do something like this:

show routing-options rib-groups 6PE
import-rib inet6.3;

show protocols bgp group XXX family inet6
labeled-unicast {
     rib-group 6PE;
     explicit-null;
}

Unfortunately this gives a similar error: "BGP: ribgroup 6PE: inet6.3 not a valid
primary rib for this nlri."

Defining "import-rib [inet6.0 inet6.3]" would probably pass the commit check, but that wouldn't probably help in this issue, where the BGP-learned inet.3 routes are not converted into inet6.3. I thought that "ipv6-tunneling" knob would magically convert inet.3 routes into inet6.3 routes but as you said earlier, it seems to do so only for LDP/RSVP learned routes...