Hi Yham,

FYI - I think one of my email messages on this thread didn't go out, the body of the message was larger than some threshold, and it requires a moderator approval. (they'll get to it at some point =-)
can you comments on how AS-confederation will benefit more over having all BRs part of single public AS with iBGP peering with neighbors. Datacenter-1 one is already on public AS so it will be difficult to make changes. The only reason with two AS is architectural complexity when you suggest one AS for both DCs or do you think any routing issues can also be encounters.

The way your current topology uses a number of private-ASes, it starts to look like a BGP confederation. The benefit of a confederation is the ability to present your network as a single AS, while internally using a set of private ASes allowing a separation of administrative and policy choices for each private AS. But that flexibility does come with a bit more complexity. (I'm sure there are people on this list who
have worked with confederations and will hopefully chime in on this.)

Since the two BR-1/BR-2 pairs are interconnected, and one already has a public ASN, making them all part of the same ASN and putting an ibgp mesh into place would be relatively easy, and would save a second public ASN from being used. At least, it looks relatively easy to me, and that is attractive. =-)

HTHs,
Dave