On 7/12/23 11:12, Chris Kawchuk wrote:

+1 Mark!

For transparency, it was Chris who gave me the nudge, so thanks for that, mate :-).

As any good problem begs for a solution, my suggestions to JNPR are as follows,
as alternative places for this command:

"show route transport-class ..." (or really, is it even a routing thing? might
be better w/the segment-routing or spring commands)i.e.:
"show segment-routing ..."
"show spring transport-class ....."

...but whatever is done, please, for the love of 20+ years of finger-memory.... please do
NOT make it conflict with "sh[TAB] rou[TAB]"

The other option that came to mind is - they could make it part of the BGP or MPLS command set, as it is specific to those features.

- CK.

(P.S. NOTE that since this new 'show' command is part of base JunOS 21 and
above; it's also present on all EX, QFX, SRX, etc.. devices you would never
ever think of ever running segment-routing on w/transport classes or colours,
but that *do* have a basic routing table, so it's not just on PTX/ACX/EVO or
MX/P/PE devices we run into this...)

The beauty of "One Junos to rule them all" :-).

Mark.