On 7/12/23 15:45, Jeff Haas wrote:

You don't need to tell my fingers that. __

With the infrastructure as it is, the only "solution" is we stop adding things.
 Good luck with that.

The general here is the explosion of keywords.  I have about 15 features
sitting in my backlog that are small things to do to bgp policy.  The policy
stanza is already a mess.

... and that's not including the work to let users match on flowspec filter
components.

The CLI could be taught to not include certain auto-completions as a
user-profile, locally, with hints from TACACS, etc... but it means we get into
an inconsistent user experience.

Feel free to spend some collective thinking time on what a "this would suck
less" solution would look like.  I suspect that the competing opinions on what to do
will eventually involve a cage fight match.

Will any of these issues register significantly on Juniper's roadmap of how to make customers happier? Likely unlikely.

Will it stop customers from buying Juniper gear. Even more likely unlikely.

Does it hurt to ask? Nope.

Mark.