On 7/15/23 20:54, Crist Clark wrote:

I find it kind of telling that customers are just getting around to complaining about it two years after it was released. Not at all surprising, but illustrates how slow network operators update cycles can be compared to the pace of development.

To the Junos developers, this is ancient news, long forgotten in the dozens of sprints and multiple releases since.

While I do take your point, to be fair, this is one of those things operators are not likely to complain about because it would be coming from a place of priviledge. There are far more pressing issues than this, to be honest.

So like us who have been running Junos 21 for the past 8 or so months, we've been struggling with this and have been meaning to bring it up. But it's not a major catastrophe, so we haven't prioritized - and this post is really tongue-in-cheek. If it gets looked at, great. If it doesn't, it's not the end of the world.

If you run a network of significant size, you are going to be in a constant cycle of code upgrades. So it's not unreasonable to find operators being behind.

Mark.