From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 20:49:18 EDT
Subject: Native Village Youth and Education News Update

Native Village Youth and Education News
<<<>>><<<>>>NATIVE VILLAGE<<<>>><<<>>>
May 1, 2002, Issue 70
<<<>>><<<>>>NATIVE VILLAGE<<<>>><<<>>>

NATIVE VILLAGE website was created for youth, educators, families, and friends
who wish to celebrate the rich, diverse cultures of The Americas' First Peoples.
Each week we offer readers two current events publications: NATIVE VILLAGE
Youth and Education News, and NATIVE VILLAGE Websites and Opportunities.
Our website houses resource libraries, messages from the People, funding and
scholarship opportunities, and other information to enrich the lives of those from
Turtle Island.   Please visit, and sign up for our update reminders.  We are always
glad to
make new friends.
NATIVE VILLAGE
http:??www.nativevillage.org

<<<>>><<<>>>NATIVE VILLAGE<<<>>><<<>>>
"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by
what we refuse to destroy."  John C. Sawhill

<<<>>><<<>>>VOLUME 1 HIGHLIGHTS <<<>>><<<>>>
COUNCIL HONORS KEEPERS OF THE TRIBAL WAY OF LIFE
ROBERT BLACKGOAT PASSES AWAY UNUSUAL METHOD TO BOOST STUDENTS PERFORMANCE
FIRST NATIONS CHILDREN LACK SKILLS TO FINISH SCHOOL

<<<>>><<<>>>VOLUME 2 HIGHLIGHTS<<<>>><<<>>>
 YOUTH CENTER TO BEGIN OPERATING ON  JUNE 10 HEALING
CIRCLE TO DECIDE BULLY'S FATE PRIDE BURNS IN NAVAJO FIRE CREW GOVERNMENT
GRANTS TRIBES USE OF 'GOV' INTERNET SUFFIX

<<<>>><<<>>>VOLUME 3 HIGHLIGHTS<<<>>><<<>>>
TRIBES SEEK TO HEAL OLD WOUNDS AMERICAN INDIAN
SINGLE DADS NOT SO UNCOMMON IN FLORIDA TRIBES NAPI'S MULTIMILLION DOLLAR
POTATO CROP PLANTED POOR TEENS PRONE TO SUICIDE

<<<>>><<<>>>Volume 4 Highlights<<<>>><<<>>>
TRIBE WINS ENVIRONMENTAL PRIZE FOR FIGHTING ANWR
LIVESTOCK DEPARTMENT NOW SHOOTING PARK BISON POWWOW UNITES 500 TRIBES
ABORIGINAL NETWORK ADJUST ITS WAVES TO YOUNG AUDIENCES

<<<>>><<<>>>NATIVE VILLAGE<<<>>><<<>>>
To read these and other news briefs in their entirety,
please visit our website: NATIVE VILLAGE http://www.nativevillage.org
To subscribe to Native Village weekly email reminders, please email:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

<<<>>><<<>>>NATIVE VILLAGE<<<>>><<<>>>
NATIVE VILLAGE YOUTH AND EDUCATION NEWS is a free newsletter which
informs and celebrates in the education, values, traditions, and accomplishments
of the Americas' First Peoples.  We do not release subscriber or visitor names to
anyone. Some articles presented in NATIVE VILLAGE news and at our NATIVE
VILLAGE website may contain copyrighted material. We have received appropriate
permissions for republishing any articles. Material appearing here is distributed
without profit or monetary gain to those who have expressed an interest.
This is in accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107.

NATIVE VILLAGE is a copyright © of Gina Boltz and Valerie Crow Members:
Native American Journalists Association All Rights Reserved.
You are always welcome here :-)!